Podcasts are a Hot 2021 Marketing Channel
Is It Something for Your Business? … and Do You Need to Become a Podcaster? … What’s YOUR Podcast Potential?
Even if you are a podcast listener, it is a big leap to becoming a podcast host.
Since the rapid rise of podcasts during the pandemic, the number of shows has risen to about 2.3 million. At this point, you should rightly question why it is that the world needs another podcast.
Next up, you should question whether podcasts can possibly fill any of your business goals.
Essentially, you need to figure out what YOUR podcast potential is.
What are your Business Needs and Goals?
If you answer yes to most of these, then podcasts should be on your radar:
Podcast are for you if you want to:
- build you brand and solidify brand identity
- “be known…X” for your particular product or service
- get your message out – messaging that articulates WHAT you offer and why it’s of value
- build your network and your audience
- generate leads and conversions around your offering
- stand out from the competition
- build trust
- establish thought-leadership
- have a lasting body of content demonstrating your expertise – across multiple platforms
The Podcast Potential Litmus Test:
Answer YES to the following and podcasting might just be your next big thing!
- do you have the time? – anywhere from 4 – 15 extra hours a week for planning, booking, communicating with guests, recording, editing, producing, uploading, preparing show notes, social media content production and nurturing? if your answers is no, then…
- do you have the budget to hire a production team or, at very least, an editor?
- do you have the volume of valuable, newsworthy information to consistently producing binge-able long-form content?
- does your potential client need to see that you have a breadth and depth of knowledge on a wide variety of topics?
- do you love talking? like talking for hours? weekly?
Actually, that is a pretty demanding list. not every business can fill that criteria.
HOWEVER! If you:
- are all about building brand, authority and audience and
- have your consistent core 3-5 talking points that drive your brand story
… then podcast guesting is where your podcast potential lies.
Podcast Guesting Can Work for You!
All up, Podcast Guesting is an incredible opportunity. Knowing how to do it right allows you to get on a variety of shows and platforms whenever the need arises, engage in a great conversation, repeating your crafted message, give massive value, and get known as that person who does, well – whatever it is that you do!
Podcast Guesting for Business Growth is a podcast and ongoing blog series. Check it out to get more insight into how you can leverage podcast guesting.
Hi – I’m September Smith
With 15+ years experience with online tech & tools, audio/video media, and growing your business, I help entrepreneurs learn how to use media opportunities like podcast guesting to rapidly build their brand.
Whether it’s to grow your speaking career, to get more widely known, or to better position yourself as the authority you really are – strategic podcast guesting is a savvy move. I can help you figure out your best strategy and get you rapidly and effectively launched leveraging this powerful medium.